Praliné is a mixture of caramel with a dried fruit that is crushed for a few minutes to obtain a creamy cream. The fact of crushing, the heat will release the oil contained in the nuts.
The flavors are diverse, depending on the taste and what you want to do. You can make Hazelnut, Pistachio, Almond, Walnut, Pecan Praliné … etc … Or make mixtures for example Hazelnut / Almonds
Today I am going to give you a delicious and easy recipe with an intense flavor of caramelized hazelnuts. This praline can be used to make homemade Nutella, I will prepare a recipe that I will publish soon.
200gr caster sugar
- Toast the hazelnuts:
- Spread the hazelnuts on a pan.
- Toast the in the oven for 15min at 150°C
- Take out from the oven and leave them to cool
- In a sauce pan at medium heat melt the sugar and cook till golden color
- Be careful that sugar don’t burn
- Add the toasted cooled hazelnuts and stir
- Remove from the fire
- Pour the mixture on a tray with paper and let cool
- Break the caramelised hazelnuts by hand into small pieces
- Put the pieces in a kitchen processor that is powerful and shred
- Stop the machine from time to time so that it does not heat up. Stir the mixture
- Blend until you get a liquid and creamy paste
- This process can take from 5min to 20min, depending on your food processor.
- Do not add any liquid. With friction and heat, the hazelnuts release their fat and the cream will form.
- Once the praline is ready, pour into an airtight jar
- It can be kept in the pantry or in the fridge